Monday, July 21, 2014

Extra! Extra!


Yesterday I was able to go to a movie set and be an extra! For free... So for my volunteer work, I received, lots of water, lunch, and a sunburn... But I also received some knowledge, making a movie is harder than I would have thought, and it can be long, and boring.
We were there for 14 hours,  but it seemed to fly by!
And sometimes we had to be silent, but pretend to be all excited and cheering on the team, so I got to work on my mime skills, let's day after 6 hours of practice they are improved.



The day started with the stands of the football stadium full, and the cameras at a wide angle, and me in the front row. The cameras and the tents moved around and around, I think they are pros at moving tents by now, and by the end, there were about 1/6th of the extras there and the cameras were doing close up shots of the actors.

I also was able to see my first two celebrities ever (if you don't count Disney characters) 
Nat Wolff and Emma Roberts.
Please note, I said, SEE, not MEET.
By the end of the day we had been moved around and I was half way up the stands, but if you look closely at the picture the #27 (one of 3) near the cheerleaders is Nat Wolff, he was great, interacted with the crowd, thanked everyone for coming and generally seemed like a nice guy... This can not be said about the others...

Overall it went by fast and was fun... And now I just have to wait for the movie to come out to see if I made it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment