Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Days 384 & 385

Monday was spent in recovery from the party, and Josh was starting to feel better.
 But then Tuesday was Fat Tuesday! I have been wanting to make paczkis since last year!
So the adventure began with trying to get the yeast to rise, my house was only 58 degrees.
So I closed the kitchen doors and brought in a space heater, turned on the oven and hoped it would beat up, good news, it got it up to 70!

So I started by heating the water for the yeast.
Then mixing in all the other ingredients 
Then thanks to some friends. I had a suggestion to put boiling water and my dough in the oven in a covered bowl. 
And the rising got out of hand! But I was happy it rose!
After punching it down and letting it rise again. It was time to roll it out, and I cut them with a glass, it was funny the glass would want to pop back up.
Then I had to put my cut outs into the oven covered with a towel and rise in the oven some more
Then it's time to fry.
So I sugared them and tried an unfilled one.
Pretty good.
I made a lot
And the filing was really hard, I didn't get them to fill all the way through so I had to cut a hole in both sides and fill, and my bag was so gross and sticky, ugh, that was by far the worst part.

But I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.










No comments:

Post a Comment