Saturday, January 23, 2016

Holiday sewing

In between the hustle and bustle of shopping I decided I was going to make my friends some hot pads. I had 6 people I wanted to make hot pads for.

So I sat in my parents basement and cursed the super strong new fan. And by new I mean newly put in the basement to blow the heat from the wood stove upstairs.
Real new huh? In fact one morning we woke up to the house smelling like electrical fire, and the old fan had had enough, and thankfully broke the breaker and didn't burn the house down, my dad went out into the garage and dug this beauty out of the attic. My parents had helped my grandparents move to their lake house the summer I was born, and this fan had been up there ever since. With a little cleaning it was up and running.

And I sewed
This is my first ever hot pad, the binding I felt was too big, so I made it smaller for the rest.
I made two sets of each print.
And some pockets on the back.




No comments:

Post a Comment