Thursday, February 4, 2016

Day 355 & 356

We spent Saturday at home, and Josh did his homework.

On Sunday I got an email from my parents that Roscoe my cat at my parents house that we got when I was in high school passed away during the night.

Roscoe was born the summer of 1999 So he was about 16 years old. I am happy I was able to see him while I was home at Christmas. We knew he wasn't going to make it much longer, he wasn't leaving his little house much and he was having trouble getting into the litter box.

I still remember his first winter, he wandered outside in the snow and when he didn't return for a couple days I went and looked for him, followed his tracks through the woods and across the neighbors driveway and down into a swamp area where he had tried to make it back out, but the snow was slippery and the incline was too much for him, and when I found him he was covered in snow, and he had lost his little meow because he had been meowing too much. I wrapped him up in my coat and brought him home, he recovered well, but his meow was always scratchy and he never went anywhere in the winter that wasn't a path we had shoveled, he didn't want to get lost again. 
He also didn't really like anyone but my Dad, myself and he would tolerate my mom if my dad was gone hunting or something.

He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment