Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Day 466 & 467

Friday was a laid back day where we didn't do anything noteworthy.
Saturday we were invited to a wedding in Monterrey. My first Mexican wedding!
All weddings are formal here, so a long dress is necessary, I wore a bridesmaids dress I had. You can also rent dresses.
This is the main chapel, 
Walking here from the car the plastic cover on the heel of my shoe disintegrated.
Inside of the church, not as fancy as I expected.
They also don't have attendants, no bridesmaids or groomsman. They did have flower girls.
It was a full catholic mass wedding in Spanish, I tried my best to follow along... Some of it was way over my head.
Then we went to the cocktail hour, it was on the top of one of the tallest buildings in Monterrey. 
We had drinks and hors d'oeuvres
No I did not eat this... It was raw fish. And I only drank water because tomorrow is my 15k!
When the bride and groom arrived they did their first dance, and dances with the parents, then it was time to go to the reception where dinner was served, it was 10pm, we didn't go to the reception because I had to be up early for the race in the morning.









No comments:

Post a Comment