Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Feeling Thankful

Today I am feeling thankful.

Last night as I was going to bed, I saw a couple posts on facebook, and saw that some of my sorority sisters were praying for another sister. Nothing was said why, but the sister they were praying for was pregnant, I worried. This morning I woke to the news that she had a baby boy, and he was born with a heart defect, and had been life flighted to a children's hospital. I prayed.

Then this afternoon I visited a former co-worker. This co-worker retired from the library because she was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease in April 2013, at the time it was only affecting her leg, now she is mostly wheelchair bound, and is losing function in her hands. I enjoyed spending time with her this afternoon.

I am thankful for my family and friends. I am thankful for their health and mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment