Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The strangers you meet

Your parents probably told you not to talk to strangers when you were younger, before the internet.
Now parents probably tell their kids not to add anyone as a friend that they don't know in real life, or email them. 
I have now broken all of these rules.  But how else do you make friends?

For almost a year I have been chatting with a fellow blogger for about a year that lives in mexico. While I was in mexico we met for coffee. It was really nice to meet her in person. We talked for an hour or so, I look forward to spending more time with her after the final move.

I had also been told about a group in the area that was all expats, and a couple people had said they would get me in contact with them. However, they found me!

Josh and I were sitting at dinner, and this group walked in, josh and I were talking about how we didn't think they looked Mexican. They apparently didn't think we did either, one of the ladies came over to our table and asked if we spoke English and invited us to join them for dinner, so we did. After dinner we joined them at a local pub. We had a great night!

Sometimes your parents are right, you shouldn't talk to strangers, but sometimes, you should.
I look forward to new friends that were once strangers :) 

2 comments:

  1. Okay but just don't take any bags or packages for ANYONE. You don't want to accidentally become a mule.

    ReplyDelete