Thursday, August 27, 2015

Best of friends

Why did we come home in the middle of August? Well, there are no holidays that we came home for, but we did come home for one of Josh's good friends since High school's wedding. (I'm fairly sure that apostrophe is out of place)

but we started our saturday out with visiting one of my best friends.
and meeting her new baby! We were so lucky our time in Michigan overlapped by one day and we were able to meet up even if only for an hour. It was worth it.


Then we headed to the wedding.
a beautiful outdoor wedding.


Then on to the reception, where we ate, drank and had a good time ( I may have also taken too many selfies...)

We had an awesome time, until it was time to say good bye, I knew moving to Mexico I would miss my friends, not that we saw them all the time when we lived in North Carolina, or even when we lived in Michigan, but the option was there and I think we saw each other more spontaneously. I don't think I realized how much I would miss them, I ended up crying at the end of the night, and to be honest I'm getting a little teary-eyed right now as I type this. These people, even the ones we haven't seen in 10 years, are still some of the best friends anyone could ask for. We are so lucky.






No comments:

Post a Comment