Saturday, April 23, 2016

Day 419

Today is pi day (3.14)
(Can you tell I'm way behind on updating my blog?)

But I decided today was the day I was going to make my first ever pie.
I found a recipe online for tiny cupcake sized pies, I thought this will be great since I don't really like pies.
(So why make one?)
I wanted to make a pie, because I feel it is something you should know how to make...
First I peeled the apples.
At home , in storage I have an apple peeler that I picked up at a garage sale, with the intention of making pie, I've never used it.
But it would have made this task a lot faster.

Then I chopped the apples into tiny squares (remember I'm making cupcake sized pies)
I mixed them with spices and lined the cupcake pan with pie crust (which I made myself) then put in the filling and then I decided to try to make me look adorable... Let me tell you this is time consuming.
After one batch of cupcake pies, I was so over it!
So I decided, let's make a big pie,
I had enough to make one big pie.
Don't they look adorable!
After talking with my grandma and mom on the phone I figured out how to bake the pie.
Josh tried it and told me it was bland... Maybe because they don't sell nutmeg here? Probably.
And my grandma said she puts tapioca in hers... Weird right?

I won't be making these pies again...







1 comment:

  1. I´ve got an insane amount of nutmeg! Remind me and I´ll bring you some.

    ReplyDelete