Sunday, March 13, 2011

Back in Action

It has been almost a year since my last update.
And one of my friends encouraged me to keep a blog to keep myself on track with the 6 twin sized quilts I have to make in time for Christmas, which gives me, just over 8 months to do so.
A little more than a month for each quilt.
The plan is to finish all of the tops, then decide if I have time to actually quilt or if I should tie them, so lets hope the tops go quick :D
I officially have all of the fabric either ordered or with me, so that is a good start.

I have decided to start with a new pattern, Around the world,
It will be my first one without all straight lines, so adding curves will be a new challenge for me. I decided to start with this one first because A. I have all of the fabric for this one and B. I decided to do the hardest one first while I still have time and patience :D

This one will be done in the green color scheme.

I have washed and ironed the tan, just the two greens are waiting to be done now.
but I have other laundry to do too, I hope to get to the fabric today.

2 comments:

  1. You are brave! I have watched curved piecing tutorials a million times, I just haven't attempted! It looks easy when Fons and Porter do it on tv. I'm just nervous. Can't wait to see how yours turns out! The fabrics are very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks easier on TV :D

    ReplyDelete