Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Sewing group get-together


I am part of an on-line sewing community that I was invited to by a friend from high school. She is the only one I had ever met in person. The last time I saw her we were in high school, and at the time, we weren't super close. Fast forward 13 years and I'm heading to South Dakota, to stay at her house. I was a bit nervous, staying at people's houses worry me because I think I have some quarks that people might be wary of, and that I lose hair like I should be bald by now...

But, despite my nervousness about staying at her house, and the fear of the group taking a vote after I left to kick me out, I really enjoyed my time there and learned a few new skills! 


I learned how to make bags, with zippers, thanks to Miranda! :)

I picked up some fabric for a man quilt

And for my vintage quilt, I still need to pick out a pattern

And some for my stash 

I loved shopping at shops that aren't my regular shop, and I loved the gifts the girls so thoughtfully picked out for me!
I can not wait for next year :)









No comments:

Post a Comment