Friday, June 5, 2015

Day 190

I had my first run in with the Mexican medical system.
We had to go get our yearly check ups to have a discount on our insurance. So Josh's HR lady kindly made our appointment at 8:00am, thanks...
So I woke up early got ready all while having a terrible headache. We met Josh's safety and Maintenince manager at the hospital, a private hospital, so he could translate for us. We went in the door marked Urgencias (emergencies), and signed in. We had to give them our dates of birth and our address, the lady checking us in spoke English. 
Then we waited a bit and the DR. dressed in a suit came and brought us back, then they separated us. Thankfully I know the routine, so I was able to get by without spanish :) they took our blood pressure, and our pulse, and then our temperature, they took our temperature with a regular glass thrermometer under our arms. I couldn't tell you the last time I had my temperature taken like that!!!
Then they took our weight and height, but the nurse was shorter than me, and wasn't able to get the stick above my head, so I'm not sure what she wrote my height as...
Then they had to do measurements, the measurements were completely inaccurate, she measures my bust instead of my chest, she measured my hips over my belt...she measured my waist where my ribs are, so I'm sure all of those are super accurate...
Then a more senior nurse came in to take our blood... My least favorite part.
They took our blood slightly below the elbow which is different than I've ever had it done before,and it hurt the whole time, but no bruise ! So that was awesome!

In the hospital too, there is no privacy really, they have people's x-Rays hanging up, papers out where everyone can read them, at least there were curtains to close the rooms off, and everything was stuck in the 1950's, I heard them typing records up with a typewriter, they had files of forms to fill out, not much was on a computer it seemed. 
The nurses even wear these cute hats :)
Over all it was a good experience. I won't be so nervous the next time.

I was not feeling super well, so when I came home I drank some water and then napped for a bit, when I woke up I still had a headache so I took some Tylenol and eventually it went away, so I wasn't super productive, but I did dishes, and I finished my March BOM.
Only a little behind... 

I've also been asked what am I going to do until August when I can re supply my self for quilting projects :)

Well, I think I'll go back to only sewing on Tuesdays, and doing my other hobbies the other days, after i finish this week out with sewing :)

Sewing wise. I have my BOMs to work on,I'm behind, I'll have to assess what fabric I have here and what I can use or need to pick up next time I'm home,
I have my first rainbow block swap quilt to add a border to, Baste and quilt then add binding.
Then I have a pillow I need to finish for my Grandma I started like 5 years ago, and I have mending to do... I think that will keep me busy :)


1 comment:

  1. Wow. I've never had measurements taken at a physical. I hope you don't ever get sick down there. I'd be a little worried. I guess since the technology isn't up to par - that's why everyone goes to Mexico to get their prescription drugs.

    ReplyDelete