Saturday, October 25, 2014

Day 6

Day 6 started out early, I dropped Josh off at the plant at 5:30am, because I wanted to use the car.
The pool people, were scheduled to come, but I didn't know what time, so I showered and got ready for my day when I got home, the I ate breakfast and watched some tv. 

Then I drove to a coffee shop to meet up with a group of expats, for coffee, it was great to see some of the people I had met before and make new friends. Ther were some ladies from Canada and England, in addition to the ladies I had met from South Africa before. I'm not sure I'll be best friends with all of them, but I am glad to have a group of women to talk to that understands where I'm coming from.
And one of them was selling watermelons that she grew on her ranch!


After coffee I came home and worked on a couple of things, washing placemats, I wiped down all the the bedroom furniture. Then I was prepared to make dinner...

Hi my name is Lisa, and I touched raw fish for the first time...
They were in a package 

First I cut open the package and drained the fish juice out and then slid the fish onto the cutting board.
The fish still had skin on it, so I had to cut it off...
Please note me touching the fish! The entire time I kept thinking, remember when you ate sushi? That was raw fish... You didn't die, it will be ok... Then I rinsed it, and put it onto some previously sliced limes.
The recipe called for lemons... But the store didn't have lemons, they aren't that popular here, limes are more popular, so I went with it.


Add butter,

And wrap it up, good for cooking.
Cooked for 25 minutes at 300f (which out stove only does c, so I have to convert it everyday!)

When we ate it, Josh said it was the most bland meal he had ever eaten (we also had rice) I don't think we will make this again... And we were still hungry...

Then we watched lone survivor, the saddest movie ever! I held it together until they showed the pictures of the real people... Then I dreamed about it.... Awesome...




No comments:

Post a Comment