Saturday, November 8, 2014

Day 20

I woke up in a good mood despite it being cold, I'm used to cold, but the heating systems In the US are different , and from what I understand, the electricity here is very expensive.
We had received our blankets in our box yesterday, so we used the "light" down blanket we bought from ikea,(after Josh spent time in Germany for work, all he wants are down blankets and pillows, I admit, they are super nice) With the sheet, it kept us pretty warm, but since it had been raining all night, it was chilly and damp outside of the covers.
Josh turned on the mini-split, and started to warm up the bedroom while he got ready for work. It warmed up considerably In the bedroom, but the closet and the bathroom which do not have their own heaters did not warm up at all.

Just as Josh was getting ready to go to work, he discovered his Debit card was missing! Yikes! So thankfully there were no charges that we did t make, and the card was cancelled, a new one is on its way to my parents house! Phew! Disaster averted!

But it was going to be Christmas again! We were expecting a furniture delivery! The furniture for the guest bedroom!
While I waited, I put away a few things from the box delivery the day before. And Icut the button off this sweater, and sewed the button hole closed.
I got this sweater from Salvation Army last time I was home to go with a dress I'm going to wear to the Christmas party for Josh's work. But the button didn't look right with it.
While I was sewing I turned on the electric fireplace 
It it not as cozy as a real fire.
The pool guys came and Josh came home for lunch.
Then I waited some more and worked on quilting my quilt.
Ugh, I must have pinned in a big fold! Because I had a huge crease sewed in the backing, and I know I should have flipped it over and looked before I stated quilting, I was just so excited! So I had to take out part of 3 lines, and redo them

Finally the furniture guys came!
We really wanted a queen sized bed for this room, but we couldn't find one we liked, so it's a tight squeeze with the night stands...

And then while I waited (and waited) for Josh to come home from work, I finished quilting!
I quilted squared, the first time I have quilted intersecting lines I think, I had a couple of folds on the top, but not bad. And I also quilted this one stitch in the ditch, or near the ditch as it happened sometimes, but I am happy with how it turned out overall!



No comments:

Post a Comment