Thursday, March 19, 2015

Day 124

So one of my friends kids got sick, so we postponed our craft day till tomorrow.

Instead my friend picked me up and we headed out to do a little scouting for the next craft day, we are going to make those leather "magic braid" bracelets.
Also my friend and I were both looking for wanton wrappers, but had no luck finding them.

We did find some leather though
About a yard and a half an inch wide for 98 pesos, so at the current exchange rate, $6.
Which I thought was a great deal!

So the guy in the leather shop spoke great english which was awesome! He went to cut our leather and pulled out a whole cow hide!!!! It was crazy! They also had 3 old singer treadle sewing machines, next time I'll have to take a picture of them.
Also they said they would put snaps on for $6 pesos! Which is less than 40 cents a piece! Not too bad.

Also I made enchilada soup, Josh loved it.
I had to sauté onions and garlic, followed by browning ground beef! All on my own! And I cooked with jalapeños!


No comments:

Post a Comment