Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day 167

So we had planned to go hiking yesterday, but it was so windy, Josh was concerned we would be blown off the mountain. So we headed out today, it was sunny and few clouds and a beautiful day when we left our house, and just as we rounded the last mountain to head into Monterrey, Fog/clouds/steam.
But we continued on.
We saw a ton of these beautiful blue birds.
They were actually some kind of grey bird according to the sign we read
Then, everywhere you go, there is a shrine to a saint or Mary that people pray to and leave presents for, well we happened to be out hiking on Mothers day and ran across a shrine in the park for Mary.


Also on the way up I saw some bear tracks, I wish I would have taken a picture, Josh tried to tell me they were dog tracks, but you can not take pets in, and I am 100% sure they looked like bear tracks, I've never seen them in the wild before!!! So about 3 miles I felt my sugar drop, I told Josh I was losing energy fast, and of course I forgot to pack my shot blocks, or granola bars... so all I had was my lunch, 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. So a little bit further up the mountain I could go no more. So I sat down and ate one of the sandwiches. After that I felt good again, and we finished hiking to the top. Where we saw some nice views.

And we finished eating lunch

saw some wild life

and flowering cacti

Then we headed back down, with about a 1/4 of a mile left, my body gave up and I felt like I was going to throw up, Josh said he did too, so we continued slowly up the grueling climb from last week and tried to make it back to the car, Josh made it all the way and met me at a lower parking lot. I felt like crap, and slept the entire way home, out like a rock, after my nap I felt much better, although not 100%, I'm now worried about our backpacking trip, because we didn't even have packs with us! Only small day packs!!! Yikes! But, we won't have 100% humidity and high 80's temps when we are hiking, so I know that will make a huge difference, since we only made it 6 miles today! however I'm still worried!

No comments:

Post a Comment