Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Day 69

Josh turned 32 today, can you believe it... 32!!! I honestly don't know where time has gone, I don't feel like we are this old, and I feel like time is flying!!!

So after Josh went to work, I woke up and was eating my breakfast still in my pajamas when the guard called, I didn't answer, because I wasn't expecting anyone,
Then a  minutes later a josh calls, are you home? Yes, I'm home, oh, the repairs we wanted to get done. The workers are at the house to do them... Great, no warning, I have bed head, pajamas on, the bed isn't made, and the shoes on the front rug are a mess... I'm upset, they are literally at my door...

So I ask for 5 minutes, throw the shoes in the closet, toss on some jeans and a sweatshirt, throw the blankets over the bed, and brush my hair. Ugh...

Then I let them in to fix the 6 things on our list.

1. 2 heaters are not working
3. The shower constantly drips, then when you flush the toilet, the shower runs...
4. One of the switches in the living room stopped working
5. The removal of a dead tree
6. The broken front lamp

So they come in, 
 The guy to fix the heaters will be there in a bit

The plumber looks at the shower turns it on and off, then notices the handle is a little loose, tightens it and calls it a day, says if it happens again they will have to replace the whole thing.., I'm not sure he really fixed anything

The electrician comes in and looks at the switch, takes it apart, he needs parts for that.
Looks at the light outside, he will need to get a new one... He will be back later

Oh the guy for the heaters, now he can't come until 9am tomorrow ...

The tree, they are going to have to see what to do about that and get back to us...

They are all out of the house by 10:30

So I do my chores around the house, wait and wait to take a shower... Finally go to take a shower, get a call at 4:00, oh they won't be coming back until tomorrow... 9am
Meanwhile,don't electrocute yourself
Why, because they didn't turn the power off to the switch and left wires hanging out...

While all of this was going on, 
I made ranch pork chops
Which called for a ranch dressing seasoning packet... But I didn't have one, so I used some ranch salad dressing on suggestion of my mom.
And also I made garlic Parmesan mashed potatoes...

I was supposed to roast the garlic in the oven...
So I did...
They look ok when they are done right?

No they were all black and burnt on the inside... So I was able to get like 1.5 of the 6 cloves I was supposed to have...  The potatoes tasted like regular mashed potatoes because of this... Nothing special...


The pork chops were amazing though, we will be making these again...

I also tried my first baking while I have been here, I made Josh a carrot cake from scratch for his birthday, and I didn't change the recipe to account for high elevation, and it seemed to rise and everything ok.., how it tasted I don't know, Josh hasn't even looked at it...

It was a busy day, he came home from work, then in the 30 minutes I saw him, we ate dinner, he opened his present, and as usual there was no emotion, and he said we could eat cake when we got home then we went to spanish class, on the way there he told me they got him two cakes at work... Then after spanish class we went out with some co-workers that were in town from the U.S. And he got a 1/5 of alcohol and a piece of cake for his birthday at the restraunt. We came home and went to bed... No cake...


Happy 32 Josh, I won't be making you a cake next year.





No comments:

Post a Comment