Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day 76

The workers came back and Yey! The heaters are finally fixed!

I also popped dinner in the crockpot. Honey garlic chicken.
I had most of the ingredients, and when I showed Josh what was for dinner when he got home he asked me if it was the same ing I made on day 63 (I wish I knew how to add links on my iPad...)

I said, close, it's Asian chicken of some kind over something.
Now, last week with the pork chops I made 4lbs of potatoes, obviously we had some left over because unlike my uncles we can not eat 2lbs of potatoes at each meal...
So we ate our garlic chicken over potatoes, and it was good!

This recipe used garlic cloves, which if you recall I peeled and put in olive oil and put in the freezer yesterday...
Yeah, that sucked... They were encased in what looked like a butter block, I had to soak the jar in hot water until there was enough oil melted to chip out some garlic cloves. I needed 3.
And they were a little squishy... Not like when they are fresh... So this time I put them in the fridge... We shall see how it turns out...

Josh brought this home, it's a mexican cook book in Spanish, one of his co-workers aunt's wrote it and gave Josh a copy... Maybe my spanish will improve enough to cook from it sometime in the next 5 years...

I also made some progress reading, the book is still interesting,  but I'm wondering if it's based on a biography written in the 1870s, because it keeps talking about stuff like it is, it's confusing, but good.


No comments:

Post a Comment