Monday, July 20, 2015

Day 226

Josh worked in the morning then we did a few chores and hung out by the pool
It's been hot here!over 90 for over a week.

Then I had to get ready for what I thought was going to be a bachelorette party, turns out it was a bridal shower, which is fine, I had an appropriate gift after I had been warned by some of the other expats what it would be like. It was for a German girl in my expat group who is marrying (but already married to at the same time...) to a Mexican man. They were married in Germany but in September they are having a church wedding here. Anyway, I was the only one that bought a gift, here it's so weird, everyone only brings gift cards, to EVERYTHING, I can't get used to it...
It was also in the evening, 6-10pm! Which is later than out bridal showers, and they served a full dinner. They had a wedding singer...
It was ridiculously loud! For a tiny room, and we played bridal bingo in Spanish, some of the women at my table helped me out since some of the things were being said so fast, but it helped me practice my Spanish so it was fun!
I am very thankful for the one woman that spoke to me, since the rest of the table ignored me. And I was bored out of my mind until she moved from the other side of the table to sit next to me. And we worked on my Spanish and she spoke good English, it was nice.



1 comment: