Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Days 227 & 228

Sunday I convinced Josh to head to a local market because I was hoping to find a big copper bin, I want to use it for a party we are hosting next week. I want to put ice in it and keep things like salsa and guacamole cold in the 90 degree heat. We didn't find one. So this week I have to head downtown at some point to buy one, I know they have them there... I hope they are a decent price.

Then for the rest of the day we just hung out, it's been hot.

On Monday I thought Joshnwas switching to his 11 hour days (which would be the same as normal, but I would get him home for 1/2 a day Friday!) but apparently they don't start until next week... Sigh
But I chugged along on my work at home and then we made the first recipe we've ever made with quinoa. 

It was a casserole, and pretty good... I forgot to tell Josh to pick up frozen corn on the way home, so I happened to have mixed bag of frozen veggies, so I picked out 1/2 a cup of corn out of there :( now I have a bag of just peas and carrots lol...
But the rest of the prep went well.
And we topped it with avocado and tomatoes, it was good, it felt like it was missing a little something, but not bad. I did put it in my not that delicious pintrest board because it was just ok, not amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment