Thursday, July 23, 2015

Day 230

The day had a harrowing start.
I came downstairs into the kitchen to find a cockroach dead near our water cabinet. Josh had found one a couple weeks ago dead behind our closet door. So I grabbed my breakfast and decided to clean up the bug after breakfast, that's when I saw its little antennas moving, NOT DEAD!!!!
So I grabbed the fly swatter and an empty box and planned to sweep him into the box and then dump him in the toilet and flush... Nothing went as planned. He grabbed on for dear life to the fly shatter and it took me a second to see that he wasn't in the box, so I shook him off the fly swatter when he proceeded to try to run under the cupboards and I had to sweep him out and he was skittering towards me!!!! I did a little hoppy dance and swatted him good with the fly swatter, thankfully this stunned him enough to let me sweep him into the box, and flush him down the toilet! YIKES! 

Cockroaches are a normal thing here, this does not mean I live in squalor...and since my doors don't seal I, sure they walk right in, ugh, I hope I don't see another one...

The rest of the day was uneventful as I steam mopped the kitchen and finished Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker, finally! It was long and arduous in the middle but I'm glad I finished it.

Josh had dinner out with some supoliers so I stayed home and made pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment